The Sullivan's Necklace
The Sullivan’s Necklace will be one of your all-time favorite necklaces! It’s dainty, minimal, and goes with absolutely everything. It represents a unique blend of freshwater (pearl) and saltwater (fossil shark tooth). Each necklace is handcrafted in Charleston, SC.
- Minimalist 14K gold-filled chain [hypoallergenic & tarnish resistant]
- Real fossil shark tooth hand-painted in gold
- Asymmetrical/Off-Center tiny freshwater pearl
- ***Newest version: choice of tiny natural shark tooth added to options!
The gold shark tooth is paired with a a tiny freshwater rice pearl on the chain! These are also available in sterling silver! Message for lengths other than what is listed.
ALL shark teeth used are fossilized and do not come from modern day sharks. These fossilized teeth were preserved in the earth for millions of years before being unearthed by nature, discovered by me — Casey Danielle (Founder & Finder of Foxy Fossils), and then carefully handpicked to be made into your one of a kind piece of jewelry. Foxy Fossils donates a portion of its profits to support the care, maintenance, and conservation of present day sharks in the SC Aquarium.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.