Gold-Dipped Shark Tooth Necklace
Shark Tooth Necklace with Elegant Details
Millions of years in the making yet the first of its kind, this necklace is made with a hand-gathered fossil shark tooth along the coast of South Carolina! You're going to love wearing this piece of prehistory that comes from an ancient apex predator of the sea and was preserved by Earth for millions of years until discovered by Foxy Fossils. Each tooth was discovered in nature and recovered by hand in Charleston, SC. This piece is a true treasure...Just...like...you!
- 14K Gold-filled metals for long-lasting wear
- Satellite chain for added elegance
- Lengths: 16”, 18”, or 20”
- Suitable for sensitive skin | tarnish-resistant
- Real Fossilized Shark Tooth dating back millions of years | authentic prehistoric piece of Charleston, SC
- Hand-gilded shark tooth
***Each necklace is unique and handmade so please allow for variations in tooth shape and size; pictures are representative of the necklace you will receive and not the exact shark tooth (although very similar). All shark teeth are 100% authentic and fossilized (means they are at least 10,000 years old but most are significantly older). Teeth are selected from my own personal fossil collection that I have acquired over a lifetime of fossil hunting. Foxy Fossils is committed to the preservation and conservation of our natural environment and marine ecosystems and NO sharks or habitats are disturbed or harmed in the process!
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.