Of The Sea Necklace
Gold Shark Tooth Necklace Embellished with Stones
This handmade fossil necklace is an essential accessory for the beach-lover at heart. Featuring a real fossilized shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC, this necklace is a way to take the beach with you wherever you may go. Each tooth is an authentic fossil dating back millions of years in age and individually hand-gilded. Accented with your choice of raw gemstone chip beads: black obsidian, aquamarine, turquoise, or new "jade" (aka light green serpentine) for an added touch of the sea! Made with 14K gold-filled chain, wire, and clasp which will not turn or tarnish with wear and is highly durable.
- 16" or 18" chain for your perfect fit
- Durable, long-lasting 14K gold-filled chain and metals
- Embellished with your choice of stone
- Real fossil shark tooth hand-gilded gold
- Handmade locally in Charleston, SC
- Shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC
***Each necklace is unique and handmade so please allow for some slight variations in tooth shape and size. Pictures are representative of what you will receive and may not be exact. All fossils have been ethically, responsibly, sustainably, and legally collected by hand and no animals are harmed in the process.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.