Of The Sea Necklace II
This handmade fossil necklace is an essential accessory for the beach-lover at heart. Featuring a real fossilized shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC, this necklace is a way to take the beach with you wherever you may go. Accented with black obsidian raw cut beads. Made with 14K gold-filled chain, wire, and clasp which will not turn or tarnish with wear.
- Handmade locally in Charleston, SC
- 16" or 18"
- Dainty 14K gold-filled chain and clasp that is hypoallergenic & tarnish-resistant
- Embellished with black obsidian raw cut stones
- Real fossil shark tooth hand coated in gold
- Shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC
***Each necklace is unique and handmade so please allow for some slight variations in tooth shape and size.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.