Hemi Earrings - Real Shark Teeth | Foxy Fossils
From the prehistoric “snaggletooth” shark (hemipristis serra) are these gorgeous fossil shark teeth earrings that have been in the making for, literally, millions of years. Each unique pair showcases authentic fossil shark teeth discovered & recovered by Foxy Fossils (Casey) along the coast of South Carolina over a lifetime of fossil hunting. These natural treasures are from a species of extinct prehistoric weasel sharks that lived approximately 15-18 million years ago. Each tooth represents an actual piece of our natural history that has withstood Earth's changes for millions and millions of years.
- Stud earring posts with backing
- Lightweight & HYPOALLERGENIC
- Hand-collected authentic fossils from prehistoric times
- Millions of years in the making yet the first of its kind
- MADE BY HAND
***Our materials are sustainably and responsibly sourced from our own private collection and no sharks are harmed in the process.
**Please allow for variations in size, shape, and color from the earrings pictured due to the use of real fossils and their natural uniqueness.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.