Salt of the Sea
Create the perfect layered look with this 3 layer gold shark tooth necklace featuring a real fossilized shark tooth hand-painted in gold. You will love this unique, one-of-a-kind stylish statement necklace with the round quartz and Charleston iron-gate like pendants that create a simple yet classy feel to this handmade necklace.
The perfect accessory for any outfit and transitions well from day to night. It complements both casual styles as well as dressy attire.
This charming statement necklace reflects prehistoric Charleston integrated with present-day designs.
- 3 layer chain that comes together in the back with one clasp for easy wear
- Real fossil shark tooth hand painted with gold
- Shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC
- 14k gold filled chains and findings that will not fade or tarnish with repeated wear
- Handmade in small batches in Charleston, SC
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.