Huge Mako Shark Tooth Necklace
An extremely rare and large prehistoric fossil mako shark tooth pendant hangs regally from this 14k gold-filled chain necklace. You can’t “mako” bad decision with this one! The tooth carries an epic story from a shark that lived millions of years ago. This exclusive necklace is as prehistoric chic as you can get and is truly a one of a kind piece. The tooth was found by hand by Foxy Fossils after being naturally unearthed by Mother Nature. Foxy Fossils only uses fossilized shark teeth so no modern day sharks are ever harmed in our jewelry making process. This is a collector’s quality fossil necklace and very limited in quantity.
- Authentic fossilized mako shark tooth
- 14k gold-filled metals
- Gold dipped and wore-wrapped by hand
- Hypoallergenic and non-tarnishing
- 20” chain
- Handmade in Charleston, SC
- Supports shark and marine conservation
Foxy Fossils is a Conservation Steward Member at the SC Aquarium and we support the care, maintenance, and conservation of sharks living in the Great Ocean Tank. All fossils used were found by hand ethically, sustainably, responsibly, and legally.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.