Hemi Shark Tooth Necklace — Gold Snaggletooth Necklace | Foxy Fossils
A gorgeous prehistoric shark tooth necklace that is exquisite down to the last details. Our newest all gold Hemi shark tooth necklace features an authentic piece of our prehistoric past that was hand-found and recovered by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC (legally, responsibly, conservatively, and ethically). This fossil tooth dates back 15-18 million years and is from the species Hemipristis serra or “Hemi” shark (AKA “Snaggletooth”). The Hemipristis serra fossilized shark teeth are very distinct and are known for their unique shape and gnarly serrations. This is a highly sought after tooth by fossil hunters and collectors worldwide.
- Thick 18k gold-plated link chain — non tarnishing
- Choose your length: 16”, 18”, or 20”
- Authentic hand-gilded fossil shark tooth pendant
- Ethically, responsibly, sustainably, and legally sourced shark teeth
A portion of our profits is donated to the SC Aquarium to support the care/feeding, research, and conservation of modern-day living sharks. Our passion for the ocean, both prehistoric and present, is the center of our ethos at Foxy Fossils!
Please note the pictures are representative of the necklace you will receive and not the exact piece. This is due to the distinctive nature of real fossils being individually unique.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.