All is Swell | Fossil Shark Vertebra Necklace - Foxy Fossils
Authentic Fossil Shark Vertebra Necklace
This simple, elegant gold-trimmed shark vertebra necklace is easy and rustic, just like life by the ocean. The necklace features an irregular-shaped fossil shark vertebra (worn down in the center by natural processes that have occurred over millions of years). Yours will be the only one of its shape & color and is genuinely unique in all the world! The prehistoric fossil vertebra necklace can be worn as a symbol of strength, confidence, and courage as well as a reminder of your connection with the ocean.
- 14K Gold-filled chain/findings for long-lasting wear
- Hypoallergenic & tarnish-resistant
- Available in 16”, 18" or 20” chain
- Real fossilized shark vertebrae dating back millions of years and found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston (no sharks harmed in the process!!)
- Shark vertebrae gold-dipped around the outer edge for added pizzazz
Ethical, Sustainable, Responsible, & Legal
Each real shark fossil is ethically, sustainably, responsibly, and legally hand collected by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC. No animals are harmed and no environments/habitats are disturbed on fossil hunts. These fossils come from my own personal collection from a lifetime of exploring nature & collecting natural treasures along the way!
***Each necklace is unique and handmade so please allow for some variations in vertebrae shape, size, and color. All fossils are responsibly, ethically, and legally collected by Foxy Fossils and are from FF’s own personal collection and used to create one of a kind pieces of jewelry.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.