Of the Sea-Pearl— Real Shark Tooth Necklace | Foxy Fossils
Gold Shark Tooth and Pearl Pendant Necklace - Real Fossilized Tooth
The ultimate gold shark tooth necklace that gives that raw yet regal vibe! This simple yet striking gold shark tooth necklace is for the elegant and everyday wear. It’s story goes beyond the finished piece! The necklace features a real fossilized shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC that dates back millions of years in age. Each shark tooth charm was hand-painted gold before being wrapped in 14k gold filled wire. The chains are measured, cut, and completed by hand as well!
- 18K Gold-plated chain and findings |
- You choose your length
- Hypoallergenic | Non-Tarnishing
- Real Fossilized Shark Tooth dating back millions of years | authentic prehistoric piece of Charleston, SC
- Handmade, wire-wrapped gold shark tooth tooth pendant
- Supports shark and marine conservation
- Ships in ecofriendly giftbox
Each necklace is unique and handmade so please allow for variations in tooth shape and size; pictures are representative of the necklace you will receive and not the exact shark tooth (although very similar). All teeth were collected ethically, sustainably, responsibly, and legally and a portion of our profits is donated to support sharks living in the Great Ocean Tank at the SC Aquarium. Each tooth used in our designs comes from a shark that existed millions of years ago and no modern shark teeth are used.
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.