Long Shark Vertebrae Necklace
Genuine Shark Vertebra Fossil Necklace
These authentic fossil shark pendants come from prehistoric creatures that dominated the seas millions of years ago! Against all odds, the vertebrae were preserved within the earth’s layers and survived a rare and intense 2-part fossilization process to become what they are today! This unique and timeless piece is handmade in Charleston, SC and has an authentic fossilized shark vertebra centerpiece which is hand-found by Foxy Fossils. Symbolizing strength and resilience, this unique shark necklace is sure to be your new favorite accessory!
- Length: 30-33” (contact us if you prefer a length other than 30-33”)
- Fossil: AUTHENTIC shark vertebra
- 18k gold plated satellite chain (anti-tarnish + hypoallergenic)
- One-of-a-kind hand collected shark vertebra fossil
- Additional options available: turquoise beads &/or gold dipped vertebra
***No two fossilized vertebrae are exactly the same so please allow for some variations in color and size.
All fossils ethically, sustainably, responsibly, conservatively, & legally collected by hand.
Add turquoise or gold dip to accentuate the natural beauty of this divine necklace!
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.