Sunshine State of Mind
Layered Shark Tooth Necklace in Gold
Channel your inner beach goddess with this dainty triple layer necklace and get in a “Sunshine State of Mind”. This piece transitions easily from day/night and from casual/dressy making it your new favorite staple accessory! Featuring a real fossil shark tooth found by Foxy Fossils in Charleston, SC. The layers come together forming one necklace that looks like several layered. This shark tooth necklace is a true treasure and carries significant prehistoric value with a hand-collected fossilized shark tooth dipped in gold.
- 14K gold-filled chain & findings | long-lasting, durable wear
- Length: 16" + 18" + 20”
- Hypoallergenic & non-tarnishing
- Real fossil shark tooth hand-gilded at the root for added elegance
- Gold framed quartz crystal glass charm
- Layers join together at the clasp for easy wear and removal
- Handmade in Charleston, SC
**Fossils are sustainably, ethically, legally & responsibly sourced and no sharks are harmed in the process!
Even though your jewelry piece features an authentic fossil that has survived millions of years in existence, there are still some things you can do to extend the life of your new Foxy Fossils jewelry to preserve it for many more lifetimes to come!
- Remove jewelry prior to swimming, bathing, or working out to prevent sunscreen, saltwater, chlorine, and sweat from damaging fine 14kt gold filled materials.
- Store your fine jewelry in a separate compartment of your jewelry box or in a cloth pouch to keep it safe, dry, and clean. You can also store your gold filled jewelry in an airtight container when not in use.
- Clean with a standard polishing cloth or gently wash with a soft brush using warm water and mild soap to remove dirt and excess oils.
Gold-filled jewelry is suitable for everyday wear and is very durable; however, jewelry is still naturally delicate and requires care for maintaining optimal condition and long lasting wear. Gold fill jewelry will never rub or flake off since it consists of a thick layer of solid gold that has been pressure bonded onto a jeweler's quality base metal (usually brass). If gold filled ever develops a tarnish, it is usually a surface tarnish which can be cleaned or polished off.
We recommend that you remove your jewelry prior to bathing, swimming, cleaning, and working out in order to avoid direct contact with harsh cleaners, sweat, saltwater, sunscreen, perfumes, hairsprays and lotions. It is best to put your jewelry on last if you are applying lotions, hairsprays, perfumes etc. in order to minimize contact with these products. If you wear your jewelry to the beach or gym be sure to gently and thoroughly rinse your jewelry in water afterwards and allow it to fully dry (never put wet or damp jewelry in sealed container or else it will cause rapid tarnishing). We highly recommend keeping your jewelry away from chlorine (pools and hot tubs) due to its harsh nature on fine jewelry.